Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Butterflies In My Stomach

Tonight is like Christmas Eve for me because tomorrow is the first day of school.  Students are deciding what to wear, wondering who is in their class, and anxious to see what their teacher is like.  Teachers are also deciding what to wear and wondering what their classes will be like.

It will be my first day as an Administrator and I am definitely excited.  I feel like I have butterflies in my stomach.  The only thing I am nervous about is getting to know about 800 new students.  I am as prepared as I can be for everything else.

To be honest, I hope I never lose these first day of school jitters.  After playing baseball all the way through college, I never lost the butterflies when going up to bat.  Its not that I was nervous every pitch, but so excited for the challenge.  I am definitely excited for the challenge of administration and I'm sure those butterflies will show up quite frequently throughout the year.  I believe it is a reminder that I am still up for the challenge.

What gives you the feeling of butterflies in your stomach?  If your answer is nothing, I think its time for a new challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment