Friday, March 18, 2011

Recharge Your Batteries

Ft. Gibson Lake
My wife and I recently spent a few days with my parents in my hometown.  They live by Ft. Gibson Lake, out where the cellphone reception is non-existent.  We went on daily walks & jogs, explored, saw plenty of deer, breathed a ton of fresh air, and waved at everyone we saw even if we didn't know them.

We didn't hear sirens, traffic, airplanes, or our ringtones. 

It's funny how I used to be mad about not getting cellphone reception on vacation and now I enjoy it.  It is important to unplug, disconnect, and recharge every once in a while.  What good is reception if your battery is dead?

I'm back living city life and doing what I love.  My spiritual, physical, and mental batteries are recharged and cellphone reception is in full force...if you don't count the ridiculous amount of dropped calls.

Where do you go to unplug, disconnect, and recharge your batteries?

No comments:

Post a Comment