Monday, March 28, 2011

Weird


I'm VERY EXCITED about the new book coming out by Craig Groeschel.  The book is titled WEIRD: Because Normal Isn't Working.  

If you know me, you know that I am weird.  I recently had a student say to me, "Mr. Bradley, you are the weirdest principal I have ever had." Thank you very much!  I take that as a compliment because being weird means standing out.  And in my opinion, it is better to stand out (be weird) than fit in.  (I think that is from Cinderella or something.)

If being weird is standing out then weird people land the job, weird people get the girl/boy, weird people eat healthy, and weird people impact lives.  Because normal fits in with the stack of resumes, normal doesn't get noticed, normal is overweight, and normal waits for their life to be impacted.

Weird people run marathons, save money, recycle, and fight for freedom. 

I don't know if I'll get the quote exactly right but Groeschel says something weird like: "Normal people are broke, divorced, and unhappy."  Unfortunately this is true if you look at the statistics of our nation and the world.

be WEiRD!

btw, Don't take my word for it.  I'm just a weirdo.  Check out the definition for weird.  It may not be what you think.

1 comment: