Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Greatest Gift

My Mom's birthday was coming up and I wanted to get her a special gift.  I don't know about you but it is very difficult for me to find good gifts for my parents.  So I looked and I searched and I hunted and I simply could not find anything that I thought my Mom would want AND need that fit my budget.  I finally settled on something with the help from my wife and we put it in a wonderful gift bag. 

As I visited my parents for the weekend my Mom and I decided to go for a walk in the beautiful weather.  When we left the driveway my Mom began to cry.  If you know my mom this is normal so I just waited for her to speak.  She said "What a wonderful gift to be able to go for a walk with my Son for my birthday."

Wow!  I felt incredibly loved and silly at the same time.  I spent all of this time and effort trying to figure out the perfect gift when the number one thing on her list was to go on a walk with me. 

This was a great reminder for me that the greatest gift you can ever give someone is your time.  Your time cannot be returned, regifted, or sold at a garage sale.  It is always what people want and need and it will always fit into your budget. 

Who do you need to give the gift of time to this week?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, if anyone on here has seen, spoken with, or even just heard of Chad Garvin before, would you have him call me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete