Monday, May 3, 2010

Like Riding a Bike

I went to my college baseball field today for the first time in 5 years.  As I was walking around and taking it all in, all of these memories came back to me.  I began to spit.  I went to my normal place in the dugout.  I played catch in my normal spot.  Although it had been 5 years I did all of these things out of habit, without thinking.  I mean I had done these things thousands of times so it just came natural, like riding a bike. 

This made me wonder, what else comes natural to me?  Do I naturally treat people with respect and make wise decisions?  Do I naturally honor those around me and make a positive impact in this world?  What do I do without even thinking?

What comes natural to you?  What do you do without thinking?  What are your habits?  If you like your answer then I suggest you keep doing it.  If you don't like your answer then start making new habits today.

No comments:

Post a Comment